Americans trying to escape Middle East told not to | Travel News

Date:

Americans trying to escape Middle East told not to – Travel News

Banner Ad

The State Department is urging Americans to depart 14 nations within the Middle East (Image: AFP through Getty Images)

As the U.S.-Israel conflict with Iran continues to escalate into its fifth day, anxious American residents within the Middle East face restricted choices to evacuate to security.

The Trump administration is being slammed for not having a plan in place to evacuate Americans from the battle area earlier than the U.S. launched its joint operation on Iran over the weekend, which has killed over 1,000 people.

Americans caught within the Middle East have been trying to observe the State Department’s advice to evacuate the battle as Iran triggers retaliatory strikes on Israel and neighboring Gulf states. However, many are encountering a terrifying message when trying to contact the emergency hotline.

Jonathan Karl, ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent, demonstrated what occurred when he tried to call the State Department’s 24/7 hotline in a TikTok post, solely to be met with a pre-recorded message.

“Please do not rely on the U.S. government for assisted departure or evacuation at this time,” the message said. “There are currently no United States evacuation points. Please continue to check the embassy’s website for updated information.”

Karl said, “The bottom line is, if you’re looking for help, you’re stuck in the Middle East, and you can’t evacuate, there’s no help yet from the United States government.”

Trump says “It occurred all in a short time” of the conflict in Iran (Image: Getty Images)

President Donald Trump was asked in the Oval Office on Tuesday why evacuations weren’t planned beforehand so Americans could be removed from the area.

“It occurred all in a short time,” Trump said in response while largely dodging the question. “I believed we had been going to have a state of affairs the place we had been going to be attacked.”

The State Department is urging Americans to leave the Middle East

The White House has been urging Americans in the Middle East to register with the State Department at Step.State.Gov to get the latest updates from the closest U.S. embassy, call the 24/7 State Department Task Force, or follow the department on social media and WhatsApp.

The State Department issued a “DEPART NOW” warning on Monday for Americans in the following 14 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Yemen.

Dylan Johnson, the Assistant Secretary of State for Global Public Affairs, wrote on X on Tuesday that the “State Department is actively securing military aircraft and charter flights for American citizens who wish to leave the Middle East.”

Continuing, he wrote, “We’ve been in direct contact with nearly 3,000 Americans abroad. American citizens should call 1-202-501-4444 for assistance with departure options.”

What is the U.S. doing for Americans in the Middle East?

According to a press release from the State Department, in the past few days, over 9,000 American citizens have safely returned from the Middle East, including over 300 from Israel.

It said that it’s facilitating flights from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan for American citizens, and commercial aviation options are available in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Oman, and Egypt.

However, the airspace in the Middle East remains a safety concern for incoming and outgoing flights. Secretary of State Marco Rubio told reporters at the Capitol that the department is trying to carry out a plan to evacuate American Citizens.

“The drawback is, or the problem we face, is airspace closures,” he said. “If a nation closes their airport, for instance, in some circumstances the airports have been hit.”

Continuing, Rubio said, “So, that is the problem, however relaxation assured, we’re assured that we’re going to give you the chance to help each American.”

“So the State Department is forcing everyone to immediately leave the region but is also refusing to help people leave the region,” Democratic Senator Chris Murphy mentioned in an X post. “Incompetence everywhere.”

Multiple U.S. embassies have mentioned they’re unable to help Americans safely go away the Middle East, together with the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem.


Stay forward of the journey with the most recent trends in journey! Our web site is your final vacation spot for journey information, offering complete updates, in-depth analyses, and skilled insights into the dynamic world of tourism. We deliver you every day protection on every little thing from rising locations and breakthrough journey trends to main bulletins which are redefining the best way we discover.

Discover how these improvements are remodeling the journey expertise! Visit us often for participating and informative content material by clicking right here. Our meticulously curated articles present journey suggestions, funds planning methods, and key milestones in as we speak’s ever-evolving tourism panorama.

Clickable Banner
CWP (Crypto Work Pro)
CWP (Crypto Work Pro)https://www.cryptoworkpro.net
Hi, I’m a passionate cryptocurrency enthusiast with 10 years of experience in the world of digital currencies. I’ve always been fascinated by blockchain technology and the potential of decentralized finance (DeFi) to reshape the financial landscape. I share insights, tips, and strategies to help others navigate the fast-paced world of crypto.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

‘Most dangerous hike’ is trail 300ft over gorge – | Travel News

'Most dangerous hike' is trail 300ft over gorge -...

Wildfire forces 40,000 stranded tourists to | Travel News

Wildfire forces 40,000 stranded tourists to - Travel News ...

Woman suffers catastrophic rope swing injury as | Travel News

Woman suffers catastrophic rope swing injury as - Travel...

Royal Caribbean halts visits to popular Caribbean | Travel News

Royal Caribbean halts visits to popular Caribbean - Travel...

Wife clings to husband’s legs as he’s sucked out | Travel News

Wife clings to husband's legs as he's sucked out...

Plane passenger ‘sucked out of window’ after it | Travel News

Plane passenger 'sucked out of window' after it -...

Plane passenger swapped flight and then brutally | Travel News

Plane passenger swapped flight and then brutally - Travel...

Outrage at dolphins kept in ‘shallow’ hotel | Travel News

Outrage at dolphins kept in 'shallow' hotel - Travel...