Trump says he expects a total of $36M from ’60 – Business News
President Trump stated he expects to obtain a total of $36 million as a end result of his lawsuit towards CBS News over a “60 Minutes” interview with Kamala Harris — confirming an unique report by The Post.
Trump, who reached a $16 million settlement with CBS father or mother Paramount from his lawsuit over the controversial “60 Minutes” interview, stated he expects an further $20 million in promoting and public service bulletins from Skydance Media as soon as it takes control of Paramount.
“This is another in a long line of VICTORIES over the Fake News Media, who we are holding to account for their widespread fraud and deceit.” Trump stated in a social media post late Tuesday.
President Trump says he expects an further $20 million in promoting and public service bulletins from Skydance Media. AP
“We also anticipate receiving $20 Million Dollars more from the new Owners, in Advertising, PSAs, or similar Programming, for a total of over $36 Million Dollars,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social account.
Earlier this month, The Post’s Charles Gasparino revealed that Skydance, the Hollywood manufacturing company behind “Top Gun: Maverick” and a number of “Mission: Impossible” installments, dedicated to airing public service advertisements tied to Trump-backed conservative causes in talks over settling his lawsuit towards CBS’s “60 Minutes.”
The $20 million would come on high of the $16 million that present Paramount management agreed earlier this month to pay to settle Trump’s go well with alleging election interference by “60 Minutes.”
CBS has beforehand stated its settlement of the “60 Minutes” go well with doesn’t embody any further compensation, resembling public service bulletins. Paramount and Skydance each declined to touch upon Trump’s newest social media post.
A Paramount spokesperson referred The Post to its earlier assertion, which learn: “Contrary to some news reports or media speculation, Paramount’s settlement with President Trump does not include PSAs or anything related to PSAs.”
“Paramount has no knowledge of any promises or commitments made to President Trump other than those set forth in the settlement proposed by the mediator and accepted by the parties,” the spokesperson for the media conglomerate stated.
Skydance Media is run by CEO David Ellison, the son of Oracle co-founder and Trump backer Larry Ellison. AFP through Getty Images
Trump sued “60 Minutes” and CBS News final October, accusing the community of deceitfully modifying an interview with Democratic presidential candidate Harris to make her sound higher.
CBS denied any wrongdoing or doctoring of her feedback. The modifying turned an situation after CBS aired one model of Harris answering a query about Israel on “Face the Nation,” after which aired what it referred to as a more succinct model on “60 Minutes.”
Shari Redstone is controlling shareholder of Paramount Global, father or mother company of CBS. Variety through Getty Images
The legal struggle has unfolded as Skydance seeks Federal Communications Commission approval for its deal to amass Paramount.
Earlier this week, Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) wrote Skydance chief govt David Ellison searching for particulars about any association with Trump past the settlement.
“Is there currently any arrangement under which you or Skydance will provide compensation, advertising, or promotional activities that in any way assist President Trump, his family, his presidential library, or other Administration officials?” the letter requested.
Trump settled with Paramount after suing subsidiary CBS over a “60 Minutes” interview with Kamala Harris. 60 Minutes / CBS
People acquainted with the businesses’ considering informed the Wall Street Journal that Paramount and Skydance are anticipating FCC approval earlier than the tip of summer season now that the settlement has been reached.
Last week Ellison met with FCC Chairman Brendan Carr and different senior officers.
In a regulatory submitting recapping the assembly, Skydance stated it mentioned its “commitment to unbiased journalism and its embrace of diverse viewpoints, principles that will ensure CBS’s editorial decision-making reflects the varied ideological perspectives of American viewers.”
Paramount is set to merge with Skydance in a deal valued at $8 billion. Christopher Sadowski
Gasparino reported earlier this month that when Ellison takes control of Paramount, the company’s tv properties will run “between $15 million and $20 million of public service ads to promote causes supported by the president,” citing “a source with knowledge of the negotiations.”
“There is an anticipation of a mid-eight-figure sum that will be allocated by the network to PSA advertisements and other broadcast transmissions that support conservative causes supported by President Trump,” the source informed Gasparino.
Paramount denied any information of a “side deal.” In a assertion to On The Money, a spokesperson stated that “Paramount knows nothing about the alleged side deal between Trump/Ellison, had absolutely nothing to do with it, nor was it a part of what the board approved, and the mediator sanctioned.”
The president additionally sued Disney’s ABC for defamation and acquired $16 million and an apology after “This Week” anchor George Stephanopolous misstated the info surrounding a civil judgment towards Trump.
