Disgruntled ex-CEO allegedly hijacked domain name, | Business

Date:

Disgruntled ex-CEO allegedly hijacked domain title, – Business News

Banner Ad


A disgruntled ex-CEO locked his former video sport studio out of its own web site, knocked workers offline and triggered more than $1 million in alleged losses — then put the domain up for sale for $6,666,666, a new lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit, filed final week in federal courtroom in Los Angeles, accuses former That’s No Moon Entertainment CEO Michael Mumbauer of seizing control of company-owned domains years after he was fired for trigger and utilizing them to sabotage the studio’s operations.

After his 2022 firing, Mumbauer grew “resentful about his termination” and launched a harassment marketing campaign that included threatening a senior government and their household, the grievance alleges. News of the lawsuit was reported by the gamer information website Aftermath.

Michael Mumbauer, the previous CEO of That’s No Moon Entertainment, is accused in a new lawsuit of hijacking the studio’s domain title and making an attempt to sell it for $6,666,666. X/MichaelMumbauer

“At 6 a.m. on January 6, 2026, Defendant hijacked ThatsNoMoon.com, disabling TNM’s own access to that domain and TNM employees’ ability to e-mail with any external sender or recipient,” the grievance states.

The sudden shutdown left the studio successfully paralyzed, reducing off communications with traders, business companions and job candidates and forcing workers to desert their regular work to triage the outage, in response to the lawsuit.

Visitors who tried to go browsing to ThatsNoMoon.com had been as a substitute redirected to a Swiss journey website, the swimsuit acknowledged.

The weird redirect sparked confusion amongst outsiders, with business companions, players and potential hires left questioning whether or not the company had abruptly shut down or quietly fired key executives who had been abruptly unreachable by electronic mail, the grievance says.

Mumbauer was terminated “for cause” on Feb. 17, 2022, after the company’s founders and board concluded that his “vision for the company did not align with theirs,” in response to the grievance.

Former That’s No Moon Entertainment CEO Michael Mumbauer was fired for trigger in 2022, in response to a federal lawsuit. X/MichaelMumbauer

The lawsuit alleges that whereas serving as CEO, Mumbauer “breached his duty to act in TNM’s best interests,” together with by leaking “confidential and sensitive information to the media and to competitors.”

In September 2020, Mumbauer co-founded That’s No Moon alongside three different video sport builders: Tina Kowalewski, Taylor Kurosaki and Nick Kononelos.

The lawsuit claims the hijacked domain was later listed for sale on GoDaddy for $6,666,666. US District Court

The 4 executives sought to make “narrative-driven video games” by drawing on their expertise from different studios comparable to Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Infinity Ward and PlayStation’s Visual Arts Group.

Shortly after the studio’s founding, the company’s founders agreed to buy 13 web domains containing variations of the “That’s No Moon” title, together with ThatsNoMoon.com, which turned the studio’s main web site, in response to the grievance.

The lawsuit says Mumbauer purchased the domains on the company’s behalf and was later totally reimbursed, however registered them in his own title and by no means transferred control to the company.

The company says it filed swimsuit after securing federal trademark registrations for “That’s No Moon” and associated marks. US District Court

The lawsuit claims the fallout from the domain seizure value the studio more than $1 million in January alone, as its four-person IT staff scrambled for days emigrate providers to a new web deal with and restore cascading technical failures.

After the initial outage, the grievance says the hijacked domain was redirected to a GoDaddy public sale web page itemizing it for sale at $6,666,666, whereas different company domains had been equally pointed to “for sale” pages that risked additional confusion and reputational hurt.

That’s No Moon was based in 2020. That’s No Moon

The grievance filed by That’s No Moon speculated that the $6,666,666 sum is “[a] number that [Mumbauer] may well have selected for its Satanic connotation.”

The company says it filed swimsuit after securing federal trademark registrations for “That’s No Moon” and associated marks, arguing that Mumbauer’s continued control of the domains now constitutes trademark infringement, cybersquatting and laptop fraud.

The Post has sought remark from Mumbauer and TNM.

Clickable Banner
CWP (Crypto Work Pro)
CWP (Crypto Work Pro)https://www.cryptoworkpro.net
Hi, I’m a passionate cryptocurrency enthusiast with 10 years of experience in the world of digital currencies. I’ve always been fascinated by blockchain technology and the potential of decentralized finance (DeFi) to reshape the financial landscape. I share insights, tips, and strategies to help others navigate the fast-paced world of crypto.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

The simple fixes conservatives say could make life | Business

The simple fixes conservatives say could make life -...

Napa Valley vineyard ravaged by 2020 Glass Fire | Business

Napa Valley vineyard ravaged by 2020 Glass Fire -...

Paramount hits back at actor Mark Ruffalo over | Business

Paramount hits back at actor Mark Ruffalo over -...

Stone Brewing to leave SoCal while laying off | Business

Stone Brewing to leave SoCal while laying off -...

Dave Portnoy backs Pizza Hut rebrand as ‘brilliant | Business

Dave Portnoy backs Pizza Hut rebrand as 'sensible -...

Tesla feature at center of nearly 3 | Business

Tesla feature at center of nearly 3 - Business...

Jeff Bezos’ ex MacKenzie Scott wrote new Substack | Business

Jeff Bezos' ex MacKenzie Scott wrote new Substack -...

Nearly 40,000 bottles of eye drops recalled | Business

Nearly 40,000 bottles of eye drops recalled - Business...